Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:41:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.1 quota issues

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 10:56:47PM -0400 I heard the voice of
> Charles Sprickman, and lo! it spake thus:
>>
>> Trying again, it reported the same inconsistencies then sat there
>> for more than an hour taking up all the available CPU on the box
>> until I killed it.  The mtime on quota.user had not changed during
>> the run.
>
> FWIW, I saw this on a box I setup running a late November -CURRENT
> last year; I could never get the quotas setup and running right
> because the check always just looped itself up.  The partition they're
> on has about 3 gig used out of ~45, with maybe a dozen users.  I never
> spent much time on it, since it's just a personal box, and the quotas
> are mostly just to provide a handy measure of who's using what (no
> limits set).  I just gave it up and decided to worry about it later.

What should I do here?  It's consistently failing.  What information
should I gather to forumulate a PR that won't burden the assignee with
lots of troubleshooting mess?  The machine is not in production, but there
is user data on it.  I could allow a trusted developer access to it, or
even create another jail to illustrate the problem.

Thanks,

Charles