Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 00:44:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <jmcla@ocala.cs.miami.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help!

I have a P166 with MMX, 8 MB or RAM, a 1 GB disk, a 16X CD-ROM, with New
Generation HXPro motherboard, and I am trying to install 2.2.2-RELEASE
on it.  I have 2.1.6 on there now, and it works fine, howevere, when I
downloaded the floppy boot image, and used dd (dd if=boot.flp
of=/dev/rfd0) to write out the image, then booted, I get a crc error
when it tries to uncompress the kernel.  Is this an image problem or a
hardwar problem.  I've tried various disks, including overwirting the
2.1.6 install disk, with no luck.  Could the image from the server be
bad?  I've tried redownloading it three times.  I realy need 2.2 or
better on this system to use iij-ppp ip aliasing.  If it is a problem
with a bad boot image, does someone have a good image I could have?  I
appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks.

-Joe Clarke