Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:04:33 -0700
From:      Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec 1460C and 3.1-STABLE

I'm trying to build a kernel with support for the adaptec 1460C SlimSCSI
card. I seem to run into the same problem over and over agian. Here's what
I get when I run make depend:

cc: ../../dev/aic6x60/aic.c: No such file or directory
cc: ../../i386/isa/aic_isa.c: No such file or directory
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

Here's the line from my kernel config:

controller      scbus0  #base SCSI code
device          da0     #SCSI direct access devices (aka disks)
controller      aic0    at isa? port 0x340 bio irq 10 vector aicintr

(I don't know if I need the scbus/da stuff or not).

my machine,

trurl 17 % uname -a
FreeBSD trurl.lternet.edu 3.1-STABLE FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE #17: Sun Mar  7
20:37:04 MST 1999     root@trurl.lternet.edu:/usr/src/sys/compile/TRURL
i386

was a 3.0-RELEASE install and I've been tracking -STABLE ever since. My
last cvsup was last night (March 9). the files in question are not on my
machine (at least locate doesn't find them). The last make world that I
did was on March 7th. Is there a trick to getting this to work?

Colin E. Johnson | colinj@unm.edu | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
Parker always felt things in his bones because, he said, it saved space.
-Steven Ayelett, _The Crime Studio_