Date:      Sun, 4 May 1997 11:52:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Alex.Boisvert" <boia01@castor.GEL.USherb.CA>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Applixware hangs

Hello hackers -

I bought (RedHat's) Applixware application suite a month ago and I still
can't use it.

Here's the problem description:

1-Mount the applix cdrom
2-Run /cdrom/unpacked/applix  to start the application
3-Wait about 20 seconds to load from CDROM
4-A window pops without any content.
5-FreeBSD freezes to death.  (No telnet, no ping, nothing, no CTRL-ALT-DEL)

Here's what I tried:

1- FreeBSD 2.2 ALPHA,
   or FreeBSD 2.2.1 "stock kernel"
2- root / non-root (regular user)
3- from cdrom / directly off hard disk
4- Linux emulation is ON, I can run Linux DOOM and others.
5- Tried both linuxlib-2.3 and linuxlib-2.4
6- XFree 3.2 and XFree 3.1.x (S3 Server and SVGA Server, 8 ppt or 16 ppt)
7- On the same system, running RedHat Linux, Applixware runs fine...

ANYBODY can help?  Suggestions?

Alex .