Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 00:28:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        Adam Hefetz <adam_hefetz@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with root

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 02:21:03PM +0000, Adam Hefetz wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I did something really stupid and deleted tcsh to free up some space. The
>
> In the future, make sure either root or toor (if you kept that user)
> has a shell in /bin.

I would add that to follow convention, leave the root user shell set to
/bin/sh and use advanced (sic) shells with toor. You might notice that
toor is called "Bourne Again Super User" in passwd as that user is
intended for use with shells such as bash or even tcsh.

Any shell that uses dynamically linked libraries could leave you stuck if
one of your discs containing those libraries fails to mount.

Later,
Jason C. Wells