Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:39:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alwyn Goodloe <agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw divert question

Hackers,

  Here's my question. I have the following FW rules:

ipfw add 50000 divert natd  tcp from any to any via ep1
ipfw add 60000 divert 4422  tcp from any  to any 3322  in
ipfw add 65000 allow ip from any to any

The first rule is for natd which performs the standard sort of network
address translations. THe second is doing some application specific
processing.

 It seems to me that what's happening is that the first divert gets
executed and the translation is correct. What I then need is for the
second rule to fire on the translated packet. From several things  I have
read it seems that once one divert rule is executed then the other dirvert
rules won't get executed. Am I correct about this.

  Any ideas how I can get both divert rules to fire.

 Alwyn Goodloe

 agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu