Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 2003 04:53:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bingrui Foo <foob@purdue.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about insecure server

Hi all,

I coded a simple chat server that allows people to remotely connect to
port 9999 and chat with other people who connect. It uses basic C socket
code to do it.

People use telnet to connect, and have to input a password at the start
when creating an account.

I'm wondering is there a way to use ssh instead of telnet to connect to my
chat server to make the connection secure?

Do I have to modify the C socket code to somehow allow people to ssh into
it? Or is there another way. I have no idea how to make it secure.

If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Foo