Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 1995 16:32:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Terry Lee <terryl@CS.Stanford.EDU>
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   installing a new snap

What's the best way to install a new snap over and old snap?
I've been backing up my /etc directory, then either using the fixit option
from the boot disk, or just running /stand/scripts/bininst.sh and
reinstalling every package that has changed.  Then I restore my /etc
directory.

I'm worried that if there are any changes in the standard /etc, I won't
be getting them.

Is there a better way to do this?

Terry

I N T E R N E T        Terry Lee, Technical Director
D E S I G N            745 Stanford Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94306
G R O U P              415 424 0747 voice    415 424-0751 fax
http://www.mall.net    terryl@cs.stanford.edu    http://www.mall.net/terry