Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 21:29:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Samy Touati <lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: garbage on 2400b dial-in connection

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Samy Touati wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have 2400 modem on the remote part of the connection and I didn't find
> a way to set them to accept hardware flow control. There was no command
> to set it. I have a supra modem 2400.

OK, you have a 2400 at your location, and you're dialing into a modem
that's a higher rate at the remote location, right?  Does you modem do
any kind of compression, like MNP5 or V.42bis?  What is your data rate to
your modem?  (Not the modem's effective transfer rate, I know that's 2400,
what rate are you talking to your modem at?)

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;