Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 1996 20:59:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jeffrey B. Davis" <jeff@dfw.net>
To:        Frode Nordahl <froden@bigblue.no>
Cc:        Robert Shady <rls@server.id.net>, "isp@FreeBSD.Org" <isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IP aliassing.

On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, Frode Nordahl wrote:

> >ifconfig ed0 1.1.1.1 netmask 0xffffff00
> >ifconfig ed0 alias 1.1.1.2 netmask 0xffffffff
>
> Ok!  Good to know.. It's a bit irritating with all those errors scrolling by at startup :)
> BTW: Does anyone know the maximum number of aliases that can be configured per network interface?
> ---------------------------------
> Frode Nordahl <froden@bigblue.no>

---
I have 253 routed now on a box, and things seem fine. I also have
the number of users set high and some 500 or so virtuals set up and
testable (though Im off to try more IP numbers and a better testing
solution)..

  Questions:
 as above, any one get a limit on the number of aliases?
 Any limit on the number of virtuals with CGI access?
		(CGI access seemed to be a problem over 133 virtuals
		on a linux box)..
 Any one have any interesting testing programs for ranges of IP's on
	a machine for http access??

Jeff
Jeffrey B. Davis			Net Solutions Creator
Spano Net Solutions			846 E Walnut #268
2145001188				Grapevine Tx 76051
Unix, Internet, Intranet, WWW server, Performance, and Solution Consultant