Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 1996 12:25:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Michael D. Corbett" <mcorbett@halcyon.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting X up.

Hello,

I have the freebsd CD-ROM 2.1 release.  I have successfully installed one
of the minimal configurations off the novice installation.  That being
done, I have gone back and installed the X developer package, to replace
the original "user" install.  The video card is a S3 TRIO/64 w/2Mb. of RAM.

The problem seems to be that my X entry is a soft link to the XF86_S3
server, but the only server in the /usr/X11R6/bin directory is XF86_SVGA...

Is there something funky in the install since this video card has no external
ramdac or clock chip, or did I fat finger something on the install?

Can I copy the S3 server from the CD, uncompress it and be done with it?

Thanks - Mike
--
Mike Corbett                                             Fax: +1.206.556.8059
BEST Consulting                                  Voice: +1.206.556.8008 x2089