Date:      Sat, 2 Jul 2016 10:45:46 +0000
From:      Gerard Seibert <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: what to do when base openssl isn't suitable

I have to admit that this whole discussion has gotten me confused. I
use "openssl" from ports, always have and probably always will. I use
to use the now apparently depreciate statement in the /etc/make.conf
file:

WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=3DYES

>From what I am reading, I would replace that line with the following
statement:

DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=3D ssl=3Dopenssl

to force the use of the "ports" version of "openssl". Is that correct,
or is my interpretation of this incorrect?

Thanks

--=20
Carmel