Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2019 21:34:53 +0000
From:      James Crist <james@enginsoftusa.com>
To:        "'freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VMs without unrestricted mode support

Hello, I originally asked this on the FreeNAS forums and was directed here.=
 I'm not sure if this is a FreeNAS issue, a bhyve issue, or a me doing some=
thing wrong issue.

My processor (W3550) supports virtualization but does not have unrestricted=
 guest capability. According to the documentation (https://www.freebsd.org/=
doc/handbook/virtualization-host-bhyve.html) it sounds like I should still =
be able to run VMs as long as they only have one vCPU but I still get the e=
rror. According to this post (https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/31338) i=
t sounds like this is only true for FreeBSD VMs but the source provided doe=
sn't talk about number of cores.

Can someone confirm under what conditions a VM can be run without unrestric=
ted guest?

Thank you,
James