Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2010 00:10:26 +0000
From:      Marwan Sultan <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   My mail server flagged spam!

Hello list..
=20
  Well! im kinda lost here..
  I have like 8 domains hosted in my server. FreeBSD 7.2R=2C sendmail=2C op=
enwebmail=2C spamassassin=2C milter all installed.
=20
  I have few customers complaining that thier emails (the domain they send =
from) to hotmail/yahoo..etc..
  flagged as spam! i have googled and found most of problems about forward=
=2C reverse DNS.
  for me PTR=2C reverse DNS matchs the domain name. all the 8 domains match=
s reverse=2C PTR.
=20
  if I check that domain in mxtoolbox.com
  it complains "Warning - Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner"
  could it be the SMTP banner flagging the mail as spam?
=20
  ofcourse the SMTP banner matchs 1 domain out of the 8. which is my server=
 main domain.
  SO if anyone sends any email from my server the SMTP banner will show my =
sever name.
  this one should not be a problem isnt?
=20
  Now the case become worse! the same customers who are using that domain
  complaining that even if they send to the same domain name xxx@domain1.co=
m to yyy@domain1.com
  same domain to same server.. its flagged as spam too.
=20
  No=2C none of my domains in any black list.
=20
  Anyhints please?
=20
  Thank you