Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2010 22:46:40 +0000
From:      Marwan Sultan <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: My mail server flagged spam!

Dear Dr. Matthew.=2C
=20
   When my client or any clients uses the web mail that i have configured=
=2C=20
   then everything works fine NO spam problems and email will be
   received by hotmail=2C gmail and vise versa.
=20
   I found out that this particular client complaining because they use
   outlook express NOT the web mail.
=20
   they configure their outlook express to use SMTP user/password
   with mail.clinet_domain.com as incoming/outgoing.
=20
  even if they send from xyz@client_domain to admin@MyDomain.com
  both are in same server=2C I will still receive it as SPAM.
  (They are sending from outlook.)
=20
  looking at spam log=2C and why its scored as spam.. here is a copy.
=20
pts rule name              description=20
---- ---------------------- -----------------------------------------------=
---=20
0.9 RCVD_IN_PBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL=20
                           [95.66.68.100 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]=20
0.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message=20
0.0 BAYES_50               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%=20
                           [score: 0.5019]=20
2.2 TVD_SPACE_RATIO        BODY: TVD_SPACE_RATIO=20
0.1 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to trusted network by a host with no r=
DNS=20
2.8 DOS_OE_TO_MX           Delivered direct to MX with OE headers=20
=20
=20
As you see 2.8 for DOS_OE_TO_MX
and 2.2 for TVD_SPACE_RATIO
=20
 I have looked for DOS_OE_TO_MX
 and it says because client is sending "directly" to MX records?
 well! i asked them to use "mail.server_name.com" for income/outgoing
 for outlook express..but still the same error and email is scored as spam.
=20
 Any help is highly appreciate it.
=20
- Marwan