Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:50:10 -0500
From:      ringlord@bbs.dcoisp.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.5-r ftp install stuck on info dist.

Hello everyone.
I have been able toreproduce this problem three times now, so figured I
would write the list in hopes that maybe someone else has had this
happen to them and might have a suggestion.
I began installing freebsd 2.2.5-RELEASE.  I downloaded and fdimaged the
boot floppy, and setup my partition.  I then selected the distribution I
wanted, developer.  I then selected the media type for the installation
which I selected ftp.  I then selected the ftp server: ftp2.freebsd.org.
 Note, I originally tried ftp.freebsd.org, but the connection appeared
to be slow, probably heavy network traffic at the time.  I then setup my
ed0 driver my ne2000 clone, which is connected at 128k connection to the
internet.  All worked well.  The distribution began to install until it
got to "chunk 7 of 7" of the info distribution.  Then, everything
stopped.  Nothing disconnected, but everything stopped even moving and I
left the machine alone for about 16 minutes.  I then started a new fresh
install, and had the same results.  I then tried ftp.freebsd.org and the
same thing happened.  Was it just heavy network traffic?  Has anyone had
this problem?  SHould I have just left the machine alone for no matter
how long?
Thanks for any information.
Jeremy