Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:15:02 +0200 (EET)
From:      Jukka Simila <juksi@iname.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, David Farb <dmfarb@chiobj.com>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Subject:   Re: Compliments on a good job.

On 21-Mar-00 Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the kind words.  It's refreshingly good to hear
> from people who *aren't* having problems occasionally. :)
>
> - Jordan
You should think it as if everyone that uses FreeBSD but never asks a question
in the mailing lists has made it to work without problems.
I don't know how many people uses FreeBSD (does anybody?) but just subtract the
traffic of mailing lists of the approximately amount of FBSD users and voila,
you have the number of perfectly happy users :)
(In fact, you don't have to subtract that and you still get the amount of happy
users:)

FWIW: I started using FBSD when it was at 2.2.5, now I'm using 3.4. I made my
big brother also use FreeBSD, but since they used Linux at his school, he
switched to that. I've never seen such big problems with FreeBSD that he had
with linux: It took 3 months to get his soundcard working, and his login prompt
still acts very weird. Well, not exactly my problem, I've told him that I
can help him if he switches to FreeBSD, so I would know the environment, but...

At the beginning my friend, who used (and uses) FreeBSD, recommended that I
should try Linux first, as I never had had any experience with any unix-like
systems. I'm very happy I didn't listen to him, but instead I installed FreeBSD
straight away.

Jukka Simila