Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 01:12:11 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Jukka Simila <juksi@iname.com>
To:        newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Subject:   RealPlayer 7 from rpm

I wanted to add this:
I just installed RealPlayer 7 for RedHate Linux from rpm package, and it went
ok (with rpm --nodeps --ignoreos)

It thou has this strage misbehaviour:
It installed the binary at /usr/bin/X11, so I added that to my $PATH.

However, if i type this:

[1:06] /home/sjuke>realplay
[1:06] /home/sjuke>

that is what happens; Nothing at all. No error messages, no nothing.

If I type this:
[1:07] /home/sjuke>/usr/bin/X11/realplay
[1:07] /home/sjuke>

It is still the same.

If I do the following:
[1:07] /home/sjuke>cd /usr/bin/X11/
[1:07] /usr/bin/X11>./realplay

It works like charm.
Interesting?

Well, this isn't a big problem, I just did a simple script:
[1:09] /home/sjuke/bin>cat runreal
#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/bin/X11
./realplay

So I don't need to worry about that.
By the way, netscape plugin was istalled to /usr/lib/netscape/plugins,
but I just copied it over to /usr/local/lib/netscape-linux/plugins/ and it seems
to work also.

Jukka Simila