Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 19:55:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Timidity++ with Soundfonts -- Awesome!

After finally figuring out the right command line options/config file settings
for timidity++, I really am just bowled over at how good it sounds using the
soundfonts extension with a 12 MB soundfont file (on Ensoniq 1371 PCI audio).
Sounds every bit as good as the AWE 64 in my old machine with the AWE driver,
if not better!

Of course, having a 1 GHz CPU sure doesn't hurt.  :-)

Now that I have this working, I think I can live for the time being without a
"real" MIDI driver.  :-)

I'm really coming to love FreeBSD 4.0 more and more all the time.  :-)

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://members.home.net/conrads/