Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 20:51:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: installing X11 sources?

On 17-Mar-01 Rich Morin wrote:
> I tried very diligently to get a _complete_ distribution off the 4.2
> installation CD-ROM.  Nonetheless, it appears that I did not get any
> source code for the commands in /usr/X11R6/bin.  Looking over the FAQ,
> Handbook, and CD-ROM, I don't see how I am supposed to get these.  Can
> someone please offer me some instruction?

You can get the most up-to-date X sources from xfree86.org itself via CVS or
cvsup.

I'm running XFree86 4.0.99.1 right now.  Pulled down the sources,
tweaked a few config settings, did a "make World" and "make install".
Simple.

Check it out on the XFree86 site (www.xfree86.org).

E-Mail: Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Date: 17-Mar-01