Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:41:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nicole <nicole@unixgirl.com>
To:        Jonathan <j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        Advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: A case of FreeBSD users shooting all FreeBSD users in the fo

 Not having the best communications skills at times I have received rude,
condisending and RTFM to many things I have posted on the FreeBSD mailing
lists. I have seen it on the lists to others as well.
 So much so that if I were to ask a question again I would use a different
name/account so that I would be unidentifed while being put down.
 I have talked to others who said they just won't post anymore.. So I can
certainly see someone new just saying screw this and staying with Linux or
Windows.

And as for the people "looking for Ed" on the lists. A resturant critic doesn't
walk into a resturant and say Hi I'm So and so and I'm writing a story. They
would want to be anonymous and treated like everyone else to be able to be
honestly objective.

  Nicole

On 11-Oct-03 My Homeland Security Spies reported that Jonathan said:
> On Friday 10 October 2003 11:46 pm, Peter Kieser wrote:
>> Actually.. in general, it seems to usually be the Linux users that have the
>> "RTFM" approach, other then us ourselves. We have an awesome handbook to
>> RTFM to, compared to anything that is available for Linux.
>
>  The "If you ask advice, you'll get polite versions of 'RTFM' mostly." may
> very well come from the #freebsd irc channel, on freenode.net. I have gone in
> there once or twice and witnessed  really rude behavior. #freebsd is an
> excellent reason not to use FreeBSD. I would not dare ask a question there; I
> think it's run by professional (l337) sysadmin guys who are into sadism.
>
> --
>               Kind regards,
>               Jonathan

*******                |\ __ /|   (`\             *******
 *   *                 | o_o  |__  ) )             *   *
  * *                 //      \\                    * *
   *   Blessed Be!        |      Powered by FreeBSD  *
----------------------(((---(((--------------------------------
 http://www.unixgirl.com  -  http://www.deviantimages.com
               http://www.drumslayer.com

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
     --Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

"Witchcraft is in essence the worship of the powers of this world,
 beautiful and terrible, but all in a circle under the turning sky
 that is the One."     -C.A. Burland, "Echoes of Magic"

"Connecting with energy is something humans have to be open
 to and talking about and expecting,  otherwise the whole human
 race can go back to pretending that life is about power over others
 and exploiting the planet.  If we go back to doing this,
 then we won't survive."      -James Redfield, "The Celestine Prophecy"