Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:45:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Bopko <zero@estimese.net>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org, beemern <beemern@ksu.edu>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Subject:   Re: PATCH: start_ap(), and P4 SMP hack to try

On 24-Sep-2002 Robert Bopko wrote:
> hello,
>
> this is dmesg from linux 2.4.18 with SE7500CW2 & 2 xeon processors.
> hyperthreading is turned off.
> wondering how can i dump info about multiprocessing in windoze 2000?
>
> thanks.

I managed to look at messages from another machine running Linux and
it is using APIC ID 6, so the BIOS is ok.  It may be that it doesn't
like the sequence of IPI's that we send.  Although, we use the exact
method recommended by the MP spec.  Look in start_ap() and try
disabling the second startup IPI (just use #if 0) to see if it works
better.