Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:31:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org, "Tim J. Robbins" <tjr@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: cvs commit: src/sys/kern subr_trap.c

On 31-Jan-2003 Julian Elischer wrote:

> do you know of any other problems?

thread_statclock() has a similar problem as others have noticed:

int
thread_statclock(int user)
{
        struct thread *td = curthread;

                if (td->td_mailbox != NULL)
                        td->td_usticks += ticks;
}

Prior to this commit, the 'ticks' variable was an argument to this
function, now it is using the global variable instead.  This is
clearly wrong and along with the other breakages this commit has
introduced so far demonstrate a severe lack of testing or review
in this commit.  We want to make RELENG_5 more stable as we approach
5.1 not less if possible.  There is nothing preventing you from
doing development work in side trees and only committing it when it
is tested and has been properly reviewed.  Please back these changes
out and work on them locally until you have tested them and fully
reviewed them.