Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 08:09:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        "Taras M. Dowhaluk" <tarasd@visiondb.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Cyclades Cyclom-8Yo

I've got one of these running.  I did have some trouble in the beginning,
though.

1) Make sure you only have 1 IRQ set on the card.  I accidentally bumped one
of the DIPs as I inserted the card.

2) Make sure the memory address works.  The default one that was on the card
was in conflict.  I had to call Cyclades tech support to find how to change this
setting.  I don't remember how I figured which one, but they worked with me.
The guy I got was their Unix expert, so I got lucky.

3) In FreeBSD, make sure your kernel is config'd right.  My string is:
cy0 irq 10 maddr 0xd2000 msize 8192 on isa

CYCTEST didn't work, similar to what you were experiencing until I had the
memory address correct.

Patrick