Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 1997 00:44:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Christian Fortin <cfortin@ec.camitel.com>
To:        FREEBSD-MULTIMEDIA@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is the best sound card for FBSD ?

Anybody can give to me a feedback about the best sound card for
FreeBSD at this time.

I want to run SpeakFreely. It use 16 bit DAC and Full Duplex.

I want a sound card supported by the PnP system of FreeBSD.
I want to be able to select an IRQ over 9.

I have check in Kernel config, I can see GUS and SB.
wich one is the more suported for done a good work ?
Wich model in this two companies is the best.

A friend run with a full jumpered SB pro. I think
that's the best for an easy configuration, but it's not Full Duplexe,
and it's obsolete  :-(

Please CC to me directly!

----------------------------------
E-Mail: Christian Fortin <cfortin@ec.camitel.com>
Date: 04-Nov-97
Heure: 00:44:10
Electro-Conception        tel:(418) 872-6641          |
3665 Croisset             fax:(418) 872-9198          |
Quebec,P.Q.               www.ec.camitel.com/ec       |
G1P-1L4                   |           /--|<|--WM--|(--J
                                      \----1
                                          ---
                                           -