Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 10:52:01 +1000 (EST)
From:      Simon Coggins <chaos@ultra.net.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with X windows, and Shared memory

Hi

I'm running -current last updated
FreeBSD chaotic 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #0: Thu Apr 16 19:33:14 EST 1998

I'm seeing the following problems, X windows locks up, and I have to ctrl alt
backspace to get out of it, and if I run x windows again the whole machine locks
up and I have to reboot. If I edit a file after I ctrl alt backspace then
reload xwindows that file i edited is trashed.

This problem also arises if I just close down X windows then reload it it'll
lock solid and I have power cycle.

On a separate note, I saw someone talking about a shared memory problem. I've
been experiencing the same problems with Quake, you run quake and it won't free
the shared memory I have to do it manually.

Regards
Simon