Date:      Sat, 07 Nov 1998 02:50:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PC164LX Outcome

To all those who helped and cared - Thank you very much.

The diagnosis is indeed a dead disk controller.
Once I got over my timidity in the face of the unknown (new hardware), and
gathered eough junk, and put the kids to bed, I managed to isolate the
problem very clearly.

Last Question:  Exactly what disk controllers can this motherboard support?
                Where can I get one?

Oh, to those who may need a Digital Unix box to make firmware disks, etc.
I have a digital disk here and can boot it on request.

Sincerely Yours,                 Shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG
                                             770.265.7340
Simon Shapiro

Unwritten code has no bugs and executes at twice the speed of mouth