Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:23:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Browning <brownicm@prokyon.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
Subject:   Re: English style (was: btokup().. patch to STYLE(9) (fwd))

FWIW, the proscription against the split infinitive, if I recall correctly, was
introduced sometime in the 19th century. "Scholars" who noted that it was
disallowed in Latin felt that English would be improved thereby.

Winston Churchill used 'em all the time and addressed the subject, calling it
silly.

E-Mail: Chris Browning <brownicm@prokyon.com>
Date: 31-Jan-99
Time: 10:17:51