Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:33:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dan Bongert <dbongert@ssc.wisc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting @home to work with FreeBSD

I'm a new user of FreeBSD (convert from Linux), and installed
3.3-RELEASE last week. I'm a @home subscriber, and am attempting to get
FreeBSD working with DHCP.

I found a couple of web sites detailing how to set it up, but can't get
it to work. No matter what I try (detailed dhclient.conf,
empty dhclient.conf, dhclient.conf with only send "hostname-a") I can't
seem to find the DHCP server. It looks like the DHCP client broadcasts,
but doesn't find anything.

Assuming I have a static IP address, and manually filling in the IP
address, DNS, gateway, etc, works fine, but I hear that @home is going
to start decreasing the lease time, and making their service more
dynamic.

I just saw a couple of people mention that they used @home, so I
thought I'd ask.

--
Dan Bongert                     dbongert@ssc.wisc.edu
SSCC Unix System Administrator  (608) 262-9857