Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2019 02:57:27 +0000
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   adding a syscall to libc?

Hi,

I've started working of a copy_file_range() syscall for FreeBSD. I think I =
have the
kernel patched and ready for some testing.
However, I'm confused about what I need to do in src/lib/libc/sys?
- Some syscalls have little .c files, but other ones do not.
  When is one of these little .c files needed and, when not needed, what el=
se
  needs to be done? (I notice that syscall.mk in src/sys/sys automagically,=
 but
  I can't see what else, if anything, needs to be done?)

Thanks in advance for your help, rick
ps: I am using the Linux man pages for the syscall ABI. At some point, I'll=
 put this
      in phabricator and post here for comments/review.