Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2023 18:03:25 +0000
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Time to remove sccs tags

On Tue, Nov 21, 2023 at 09:12:48AM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> It's been 30 odd years since the last csrg release. They are no more.
>
> At this point I think we can safely remove the few sccs tags that remain in
> the tree. The data will be there in git if we ever need it.
>
> Comments?

Yes please.  The history is there in there repo(s) and there's so much
blind copying where the context is entirely lost.

>From my perspective it would be nice to have fewer commits per-subtree
than with $FreeBSD removal.  In recent spelunking I've found that for low
traffic sub-trees I'm seeing a full screen (~50 lines for me) or more of those
logs before getting to commits with content changes due to inconsistent
formatting leading to multiple removal commits.

-- Brooks