Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2024 11:02:38 -0800
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   GPU programming?

Is anyone aware of work towards GPU programming on FreeBSD?

Here, I am not interested in using a GPU while playing a
video game or rendering graphics on a video monitor.  I'm
interested in offloading single and double precision
floating-point computations to a GPU via OpenACC or OpenMP
(ala HPC).

Although using a high-end AMD Instinct MI300 would be great,
I'm looking for something a bit more affordable such as an
AMD RX 6700 XT.  AFAICT, this may require either porting
AMD ROCm software to FreeBSD or running it under the
linuxlator.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/software/rocm.html

--
Steve