Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2024 16:30:21 +0000
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        igor.ostapenko@pm.me
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Add jail execution environment support to the FreeBSD test suite

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 08:57:54PM +0000, igor.ostapenko@pm.me wrote:
> 2 The Idea
>
> The idea is not new. A test could be running in a jail -- it provides the
> required isolation with minimum or zero effort from a test.

This generally sounds good.  One minor concern I have is how this would
interact with the ability to run the test suite in a jail.  This is
imperfectly supported today (IIRC ~350 failures on amd64), but it's
quite userful for testing sweeping userspace-only tests like libsys and
I'd love to see support expanded and improved (failures fixed or tests
skipped, poudriere jail support, etc).

Thanks,
Brooks