Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2023 23:38:55 +0000
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Einar_Bjarni_Halld=c3=b3rsson?= <einar@isnic.is>
To:        freebsd-python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CHEESESHOP or GH

Hi,

I maintain devel/py-proxmoxer.
A while ago the upstream project stopped including tests in the PyPI
dist. I've created a bug report with them, but they've decided they're
not adding the tests back [1].

So, we can either continue fetching the dist from PyPI and then have no
tests, or we can fetch from Github, including the tests.

The guidelines say:

> Examples where temporarily using an alternate MASTER_SITES is warranted:
>
>     Some files are not correctly packaged or included at all in the PyPI sdist, such as licenses, test suite files or data. Submit an upstream issue or PR in these cases.
>     A source distribution (sdist) has not been uploaded yet
>
> In these cases, issues or pull request SHOULD be created upstream to rectify the problem, and MASTER_SITES switched to CHEESESHOP when the change is released in a later version.

In this case, the upstream devs have flat out said they're not going to
include the tests. Is it better to switch MASTER_SITE to github and run
the tests or stay with PyPI and skip the tests?

.einar

[1] https://github.com/proxmoxer/proxmoxer/issues/126