Date:      Mon, 6 May 2024 09:49:26 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Mike <the.lists@mgm51.com>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rainloop 1.17.0 and php82 issue

On 06/05/2024 01:39, Mike wrote:
> I currently have rainloop 1.17.0 running quite nicely with php81 and
> php81-extensions.
>
> However, when I change the 81 to 82 above, I am greeted with the
> following error message when I try to use rainloop:
>

> Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property RainLoop\Actions::$bIsAjax is
> deprecated in
> /var/www/sites/util02.mgm51.net/data/MyMail/rainloop/v/1.17.0/app/libraries/RainLoop/Actions.php
> on line 164
>
> Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property
> RainLoop\Plugins\Manager::$aAjaxFilters is deprecated in
> /var/www/sites/util02.mgm51.net/data/MyMail/rainloop/v/1.17.0/app/libraries/RainLoop/Plugins/Manager.php
> on line 82
>

> Spending some quality time in a search engine, this is a new "feature"
> of php82.
>
> Will the rainloop be adjusted appropriately?

If you really want to use rainloop with PHP 8.2, you can change settings
of error_reporting in php.ini. Something like E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED &
~E_STRICT should silence "deprecated" messages.

Beware that this deprecated feature will be removed in PHP 8.3 and
rainloop will not work with PHP 8.3 at all.

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman