Date:      Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:14:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Subject:   Re: nspluginwrapper patch for testing

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Tijl Coosemans wrote:

> On Thursday 06 August 2009 15:15:10 Sean C. Farley wrote:

>>> Limit the stack size for plugins. Linux glibc threading behaves
>>> slightly differently with a smaller stack size and the Flash plugins
>>> rely on this behaviour.
>>>
>>> Suggested by:   dchagin
>>> Patch by:       nox
>>
>> Also, it helps for running Google Earth.  Until I limited the stack
>> size for it, it would crash if I zoomed in too close to the Earth.
>> It still crashes for me when exiting Google Earth, but I am able to
>> live with that.  This is when running on i386 7-STABLE with the
>> Nvidia driver v185.18.29.
>
> You mean a similar patch should applied to the google-earth port?

I am not sure.  It helps me, but I do not know if my case is peculiar.
I do not have this problem on an amd64 7-STABLE (same revision as above)
using the radeonhd driver.  However, on the amd64 system, the RV610 chip
does not have hardware acceleration at this time.  Can anyone replicate
my problem?

Sean
--
scf@FreeBSD.org