Date:      Sun, 17 Apr 2011 09:59:17 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: IPv6 / ndp taking a long time to resolve in this weeks STABLE

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Pete French wrote:

Hi,

> Hi, thanks for the email - I canb recreate this very easily here
> now. I have also shown that it the problem doesnt happen
> on a kernel from Feb 25th, but does happen on a kernel from
> this week.

I assume both are stable/8?   Are you sure on the Feb 25th kernel
doing ok or could it be that you are just more lucky?

> cery easy to demonstarte - set up 2 machines. Ping one
> from the other so that it is pinging nicely. Then delete the ndp
> entry. The ping freezes - sometimes for 20 seconds! It
> eventually starts again with all the inrtervening packets lost.
> This only happens if the machone being oinged is running the
> newer kernel. If you do it the other way round then all
> is fine.

Yes, that would make sense from what I have just observed elsewhere.
So I guess my question about the Feb 25th kernel is irrelevant but
getting a confirmation on the branch would be good.

I would assume that if you have both machines running the newer kernel
and would start ping6 from both things would also start working
immediately.

/bz

          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.