Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2016 11:29:11 +0100 (CET)
From:      elof2@sentor.se
To:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Source routing howto

Hi all!

I've been searching the internet but can't find any good
documentation/examples on how to setup source routing in my FreeBSD.

What I want to do:

Let internet clients connect their OpenVPN to a FreeBSD box. The client's
internet traffic should be routed to a separate firewall dedicated for all
client networks (VPN and physical), where all clients then leave the
network.

The FreeBSD box has its own normal default gateway to speak with the
internet.
This route is needed in order to be able to keep the OpenVPN-traffic
flowing.

How do I source route the tunneled traffic, coming from e.g. 10.10.10.x to
the "client firewall"?

Are there any good examples out there?
Do I have to compile a custom kernel?

(the responses back from that firewall use a normal static route, pointing
10.10.10.0/24 to the FreeBSD box)

/Elof