Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 2015 10:57:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frank_s@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail problem after upgrade to r284296

I didn't get any hits from a mailing list search and there is no mail or
sendmail list so I am sending it here because stable is what I'm running.

Because of a recent alert I updated both of my FreeBSD computers (both
running 10.1-STABLE and built from /etc/src) to r284296 and am having a
problem with sendmail. Sendmail is giving me the following error every 30
minutes:

Jun 14 09:50:04 Ace sm-mta[10430]: STARTTLS=server, error: accept failed=0, reason=sslv3 alert handshake failure, SSL_error=1, errno=0, retry=-1, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1]

If I restart it I get these errors:

Jun 14 00:50:04 Ace sm-msp-queue[79406]: STARTTLS=client, error: connect failed=-1, reason=dh key too small, SSL_error=1, errno=0, retry=-1
Jun 14 00:50:04 Ace sm-msp-queue[79406]: ruleset=tls_server, arg1=SOFTWARE, relay=[127.0.0.1], reject=403 4.7.0 TLS handshake.

I have made no changes to sendmail's configuration and all files in
/etc/mail are dated Mar 16 so apparently mergemaster didn't see anything
new to install and rebuild.  There is no entry in /usr/src/UPDATING about
any change in sendmail either.

I first noticed this on the second machine on my home network. This
machine has an entry in /etc/mail/aliases forwarding root's email to me on
the primary.  I noticed the day after the upgrade that I didn't get the
nightly email from the /etc/periodic/daily/ run or from rkhunter.  I
checked my main machine and found that I am not getting these emails from
it either and am getting the same errors in /var/log/maillog.  It can't
even email itself.

Am I the only one seeing this?  Did I get caught between revisions?

Thanks,
Frank