Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 2015 12:33:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        RayCherng Yu <raycherng@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-translators@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to update the directory structure of porters-handbook in zh_TW

On Wed, 9 Dec 2015, RayCherng Yu wrote:

>             So I can delete or rename these two files and run "make po" to start a new work.
>

>       The Makefile is necessary.  A PO translation Makefile can be a lot simpler than the English one.
>

> So I delete only book.xml and let Makefile left?

Right, although the Makefile will probably need to be edited.  See
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/po-translations-creating.html#po-translations-creating-example

Mostly it consists of removing things that do not apply to the PO
translations.  For example, the long list of SRCS in the English
version's Makefile can be reduced to just one, book.xml.

>             Where should I backup these two files? Only in my laptop? Or Can I rename them, make diff and submit it to the doc repository to backup in the server that
>             everyone could access it?
>

>       It is not necessary.  If anyone ever needs them, they can check them out of the repository, specifying that particular revision.
>

> How to access the previous revision?

To check out revision 47831 to /tmp/porters-handbook:

svn checkout -r 47831 https://svn.FreeBSD.org/doc/head/zh_TW.UTF-8/books/porters-handbook /tmp/porters-handbook
From owner-freebsd-translators@freebsd.org  Thu Dec 10 01:38:02 2015
 h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
 :cc:content-type;
 bh=sIC/wwQymyIV3QM1EZUmKzdNnYBn8B8TC+ZRLGcxq88=;
 b=BQHrWA5TLk3RTVXDljwl+ytL2ONSg4VGwAdVPybsptqdsyIYrX8ueLUotBUiUOyg0v
 QdQIHU5WDUtSNbH+Ns0iVH6U3c2lE9ps+UT848yTP86XxV0XLpOWAf3CcFUNISDvHvd1
 bYN+h1IL+MT0YlDMTkt8gBhD6r68xQx/kwUmrj/xW+0dVk0ZqlOi1rp0lVo6AdtbXFQZ
 7KN2OV1ZeBUodE95D0jydsNDIEfwfmSTPyXM7DsqmKJSZlxL518V1NvC8hqr4e1TNOft
 A+Dy1MvIF7GRd49bT7nLyn4Iuqx83teunG6HFeMWK3Bm34PcBvmurlO0pD47ZzNuU7Uw
 ny9g==
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:38:01 +0800
From: RayCherng Yu <raycherng@gmail.com>
To: Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc: freebsd-translators@freebsd.org

May I use thees_ES.ISO8859-1 Makefile in the example as a new one in
zh_TW.UTF-8 and delete the old Makefile?
I think it is the easy way....

> On Wed, 9 Dec 2015, RayCherng Yu wrote:

>>       On Wed, 9 Dec 2015, RayCherng Yu wrote:
>>
>>             So I can delete or rename these two files and run "make po"
>> to start a new work.
>>

>>       The Makefile is necessary.  A PO translation Makefile can be a lot
>> simpler than the English one.
>>

>> So I delete only book.xml and let Makefile left?
>>

> Right, although the Makefile will probably need to be edited.  See
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/po-translati=
ons-creating.html#po-translations-creating-example

> Mostly it consists of removing things that do not apply to the PO
> translations.  For example, the long list of SRCS in the English version'=
> Makefile can be reduced to just one, book.xml.
>

>>             Where should I backup these two files? Only in my laptop? Or
>> Can I rename them, make diff and submit it to the doc repository to back=
up
>> in the server that
>>             everyone could access it?
>>

>>       It is not necessary.  If anyone ever needs them, they can check
>> them out of the repository, specifying that particular revision.
>>

>> How to access the previous revision?
>>

> To check out revision 47831 to /tmp/porters-handbook:
>
> svn checkout -r 47831
> https://svn.FreeBSD.org/doc/head/zh_TW.UTF-8/books/porters-handbook
> /tmp/porters-handbook

--=20
"Life is like a snowball. The important thing is finding wet snow and a
really long hill."

"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."

"The first rule of Investing is don't lose money; the second rule is don't
forget rule #1..."

"Wall Street is the only place that people ride to work in a Rolls-Royce to
get advice from those who take the subway..."

=E2=80=94 Warren Buffett.