Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:22:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Spam on the list (was Re: zoom.us video chat audio)

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019, Kyle Evans wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 12:56 PM Frank Fenderbender
> <frankfenderbender@council124.org> wrote:
>>
>> Is it "normal" to see (and tolerate) so much cybermarketing spam on
>> the list?
>> Is theri a spamassassin and anti-BOT list we can update?
>>
>> Can we contact a person w/r/t that task?
>>
>> thanks
>> frank
>>

> It seems to hit off and on, but I'm kind of curious why you chose a
> legitimate question about Zoom (which is known not to work with
> FreeBSD, but I don't recall any of the good alternatives) to bring
> this up.

Considering that this is an open list that's been around for decades,
spam is vanishingly rare in these parts. And every so often someone
complains about the amount being nonzero, and each time I reflect that I
would love to see this percentage of spam coming into my own server.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org