Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 2009 01:12:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell/LSI RAID controllers

Hello all,

I'm considering a Dell, specifically the Poweredge 2970, and I'm not
finding much info on their site about the various raid controller options
- there don't seem to be any actual specs.

Anyone here familiar with the various models (PERC 5i, PERC 6I, SAS 6/iR)
and what FBSD driver each one uses?  All are within my price range.  I
assume all can handle SATA as well as SAS, correct?  Is performance in the
ballpark of a $500 3Ware or Areca card?

Thanks,

Charles

___