Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 2020 06:13:49 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        Victor Gamov <vit@otcnet.ru>
Subject:   Re: 'dropped due to full socket buffers' by SNMP

29.12.2020 23:36, Victor Gamov wrote:

Please do not top-post.

> Thanks.
>

> On 30/11/2020 18:33, Victor Gamov wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Can somebody help me to get UDP 'dropped due to full socket buffers' by SNMP?  Is it possible?  Now I'm getting it with
>> `netstat -n -p udp -f inet -s`
>> but SNMP will be more useful for remote monitoring.
>>
> And one more question about 'dropped due to full socket buffers':  how to avoid it?  Which params must be tuned?

Both problems generally mean that outgoing link for that UDP packets is congested,
so socket buffers start to fill until they are full.

What is "media" for that UDP data - some syntetic tunnel or plain ethernet link or something else?

You may find useful this old thread dealing with similar problem:
http://freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/SNMP-No-Bufferspace-td6333081.html