Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 2020 15:34:31 +0200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB-dongle modem keeps changing from cuaU0 to cuaU1 and bck

Hi,

Got bitten by this problem today again.
I'm using this GSM-dongle modem as SMS-allerter for Nagios.

Bad thing is that we had a DDos (178Gb) today, and allerts weren't sent.
So I had to learn from the first calling customer that something was up.

I'm using smsd, and your std, telco-GMS modem with sms support.
Works like a charm.

But again this morning it changed ports again.
Normally it is available on /dev/cuaU0.0 and works regularly.
But today it changed ports and went to /dev/cuaU1.0.

Is there any particular reason for the OS to assign a different port?
And can I prevent that from changing?

Thanx,
--WjW