Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2018 00:58:08 -0800
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bhyve passthrough problems

Hi Mario,

> I'm trying to passthrough a firewire pci card to a windows 7 64 guest.

  First, you'll need to verify if that card supports MSI or MSI-x since
that is required by bhyve for passthru support. This can be seen with
'pciconf -lbc' on the FreeBSD host.

> VM exits with:
>
> Assertion failed: (mr->name == memp->name), function
> unregister_mem, file /usr/src/usr.sbin/bhyve/mem.c, line 265.
> Abort trap

  This is bug in bhyve when running Windows with PCI devices that have
more than 1 memory BAR (e.g. Intel igb ethernet devices), due to the
order that Windows determines BAR sizes. I've been meaning to fix this
for a long time so will try and get to it.

later,

Peter.