Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:08:42 -0500
From:      "Xn Nooby" <xnooby@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   small freebsd laptop suggestions?

I would like to get a small laptop dedicated to (desktop) FreeBSD 6.x,
ideally one that could run Win2000 inside QEMU and has an nVidia chip so I
can do OpenGL stuff.   Any suggestions?  It doesnt have to be superfast,
though I would prolly want to drop a 100GB 2.5" drive in it later.

2 years ago I foolishly bought a HP Pavillion, and I have to use an externa=
keyboard with it for FreebSD (or else it wont boot).  The HP laptop is now =
dedicated Windows machine (and I'd return it if I could).

Is anyone using a laptop that they are happy with?  Maybe a refurbished
Thinkpad? (though I prefer to buy lapotops new, in case they are duds).  I
dont particularly trust the online lists of "laptops that work with
FreeBSD", since my other laptop is on one of them.

I plan to carry the laptop around a lot, so I'm looking for something a
little smaller than average.  My HP Pavillion is about 7lbs, which is too
big.  Maybe a small Thinkpad, if they still make them?