Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:12:49 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Klaus_Friis_=D8stergaard?= <farremosen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ruby18 or Portupgrade error?

Hi,

While upgrade gnome I have run into to this error, is it related to
portupgrade or Ruby18 or something different.

kfo@prod01% sudo portupgrade -aOW -x x11/gdm                          /home/kfo
mktemp: mkdtemp failed on /var/tmp/portupgradedtlzuto6: Too many links
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/pkgmisc.rb:140:in `init_tmpdir':
Could not create temporary directory in /var/tmp (RuntimeError)
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/pkgtools.rb:260:in
`init_pkgtools_global'
        from /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade:529:in `main'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:787:in `initialize'
        from /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade:229:in `new'
        from /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade:229:in `main'
        from /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade:2208
kfo@prod01%
                                                    /home/kfo

I am not experience any other problems on the system.

I have tried to csup and manually done make deisntall and make install
of both portupgrade and ruby18.

It seems that I something are able to run portupgrade right after
Reboot, but second time or is not run right after reboot this failure
occure.

Any help apriciated.

/Klaus