Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:12:24 +0800
From:      "Jiawei Ye" <leafy7382@gmail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Jabberd vs PostgreSQL

Hi,

I have setup a jabberd2 server to use postgresql as the backend, but
the rc scripts need some polishing. postgresql should be started
before jabberd2 if it is configured, how can I specify that? Currently
postgresql is started after jabberd2, causing the following output
during startup:

Starting jabberd.
Aug 30 12:05:26 sh-mail jabberd/c2s[721]: pgsql: connection to
database failed, will retry later: could not connect to server:
Connection refused       Is the server running on host "localhost" and
accepting         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
Aug 30 12:05:26 sh-mail jabberd/sm[719]: pgsql: connection to database
failed: could not connect to server: Connection refused  Is the server
running on host "localhost" and accepting         TCP/IP connections
on port 5432?
Aug 30 12:05:34 sh-mail postgres[790]: [1-1] FATAL:  the database
system is starting up

And jabberd2 needs manual startup after that.

I can see that postgresql requires LOGIN, but jabberd is BEFORE:LOGIN,
what is the proper solution?

Jiawei Ye
--
"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck,
then to the end user it's a duck, and end users have made it pretty