Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 2021 20:52:53 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
Subject:   geli - is it better to partition then encrypt, or vice versa ?

So, am building a zpool on some encrypted discs - and what I have done
is to partition the disc with GPT add a single big partition, and
encrypt that. So the pool is on nda1p1.eli.

But I could, of course, encrypt the disc first, and then partition the
encrypted disc, or indded just put the zpool directly onto it.

Just wondering what the general consensus is as to the best way to go
here ... if there is one! :-) What do other people do ?

-pete.