Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:36:39 +0100
From:      Jason Taylor <jason.n.taylor@gmail.com>
To:        Matt Juszczak <matt@atopia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Redirection with a bridge ?

> What are some of the other approaches (if you dont mind).  I can't
> really do a NAT, I'd really like to stay with a bridge and not do any
> routing.

I'm using a bridging setup (specifically to grab all web traffic and
divert it all to a proxy/policy manager), I had to perform a kernel
patch in order to use fwd on bridged packets.  Try here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ipfw/2003-September/000526.html

The briding code in OpenBSD is quite good and ipf will let you use a
similar approach out of the box and is a bit more convenient than
patching.

Hope this is helpfull.

Jason.